Droneopolis, LLC is an Albany NY-based drone & photography company owned and operated by licensed FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone Pilot, Adam Furgang.
All drone imagery and photography provided by Adam Furgang.
"A drone is the dream of every photographer—to have a camera in the sky and shoot from many perspectives. Drones are inherently safe, small, lightweight, and much more maneuverable than past aerial solutions such as cumbersome and costly helicopters with manned pilots."—Adam Furagng
Pre Production Aerial Shoots
• For drone shoots all sites will be checked in advance for airspace restrictions and vicinity to any local airports.
Aerial and Photos Shoots
• AirMap app is used in conjunction with FAA LAANC to acquire on-the-spot FAA authorization to fly in restricted airspace.
• Flights are weather permitting. Drones can not be flown during precipitation, mist, fog, low cloud cover, or high winds.
• Drones can not be flown over people or moving vehicles.
• Safety cones will be used for launching and landing to ensure a safety.
• Photos will be color corrected, and straightened/cropped as needed. Some of the programs used for these processes are: Adobe Lightroom CC, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere CC Pro, and Apple's and iMovie.
About Adam Furgang
After working in the visual arts and freelancing as a writer for many years I decided to open my own small photography business in early 2018. Droneopolis, LLC specializes in drone based imagery as well as traditional photography. During 2017 I purchased and began using several DJI drones. I was not content to simply use drones only as a hobbyist, so I began taking steps to become a Licensed FAA Commercial Drone Pilot. In the winter of 2018 I completed two SkyOp sUAS drone training courses at Hudson Valley Community College. I then went on to take—and pass—the required FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System) Remote Pilot Certificate (Part 107) test in the spring of 2018. UAS Remote Pilot Certification is required by the FAA for anyone who wishes to fly a drone for commercial purposes in the United States.
I have been an artist and a photographer all my life and I have over 25 years of professional experience in the visual arts. I am originally from Queens, NY and I attended NYC's High School of Art and Design. I then went on to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in Illustration from The University of the Arts in Philadelphia. After college I worked professionally as an illustrator, graphic designer, web designer, photographer, and fine artist.
In addition to my background in the arts I have also been freelancing as a professional writer for more than a decade. My writing credits include more than 25 nonfiction books in the middle school library market about topics such as art, mobile and digital photography, video games, tabletop games, YouTube, makerspaces, pop culture, biographies, the environment, nutrition, digital literacy, technology, and science. I also have several middle grade novels published, (available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble) and I run a blog, wizardsneverweararmor.com, which focuses on topics such as gaming, art, films, and pop culture.
I live in Albany New York with my wife and two sons.